British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 28-09-18, 05:54 PM

There are thousands of schools, clubs, shops, factories and organisations that this could be from. I don't think you'll ever know for certain. However it's seriously wishful thinking and clutching at straws trying to connect this to Phantom. Good luck in your quest.
Old 29-09-18, 10:32 AM

Asher thanks I was aware of repro cloth thought people were eluding to metal Phantum badges.

Tynesider yes I do not disagree I mearly asked if it could be! I do feel it is a good candidate though.

As it is scratch built and within keeping with tradition of others SF units whose metal hand made badges differ from original cloth designe I will keep the badge safe it has certainly sparked considerable conversation.

And maybe one day we will get an answer one photograph could change everything.

Good hunting to all

Regards

Stephen
Old 09-10-18, 11:35 AM

I have been collecting GHQ Liaison Regt for 30 odd years & I wouldn't add that to my collection.

I have never seen a similar badge, & don't see much likelihood of it being anything to do with GHQLR.