British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Formation Signs and Patches

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 24-04-17, 01:14 PM

Default Cameronians white on green cloth title

An early thread on the forum asked about variously coloured Cameronians shoulder titles, thus:
http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...ronians+titles
However, the issue of the white lettering on green title wasn't resolved, as far as I can tell. Can any member clarify when/by whom this pattern was worn, especially as the example in question is sized/starch backed, suggesting WW2 vintage?
Thanks for any information.
Old 03-05-17, 09:08 AM

Default Cameronians title

Checking my notes I can only find:

"In WW2 several battalions (of Cameronians) wore the shoulder title, black on green CAMERONIANS - prior to the introduction of the tartan patch. Battalions which wore the title included 6 Cameronians and 7 Cameronians (both in 156 Inf Bde, 52 (L) Inf Div and 9 Cameronians 46 (H) Inf Bde, 15 (S) Inf Div. At some unspecified date 9 Cameronians are reported to have replaced the title with the tartan patch."

The only other mention that I can find of titles is a note (possibly from the Formation Sign decades ago) stating that there was an unofficial two line title worn in or after Malaya, white letters on black CAMERONIANS/MALAYA

Mike
Old 04-05-17, 05:15 AM

Thanks for this, Mike. It makes the white on green title even more of a mystery, it seems.