British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 22-04-17, 10:09 AM

I see no mention of the Royal Corps of Transport (RCT) cap badge ?
I have what i believe to be one, and I am aware they are still being sold on ebay, it is the only one without a makers mark on the slider, it's of a sub-standard of manufacture.
I'm off out in a minute and will get back to you all, ..... if I find the sight is it ok to pin it on here ? As I don't want to cause a problem for the forum.

FBK
Old 22-04-17, 10:48 AM

If anyone can kindly clarify the Staffordshire Yeomanry crest badge as good or bad; I don't want to go after a fantasy piece for the money most fetch. They have also started appearing in white metal and brass, so my hackles are up.

(I did buy a Royal Warwickshire, blank slider, but it was very cheap and does look rather good).
Old 22-04-17, 02:33 PM

Here is the site selling the fake/repro RCT cap badges, amongst others;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RCT-ROYAL-...MAAOxy2CZTY~T8

Point to note:-

Please do read the section [Manufacturing Process] it is very important when buying.

They do tell you it is "NEW" and made to "MOD" specifications with "Tools" and "Dies"

AND !!!

The fittings (sliders etc.) are fittings, it matters not to them when selling the items if they are changed by the manufacturer they use !! lol

Ken (The Fatboy)
Old 22-04-17, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Ken

Those are indeed fakes but not in anodised aluminium so would not be confused with a real one in the hand.

Alan
Old 22-04-17, 02:42 PM

Thank you Alan
Old 22-04-17, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

You are quite correct that the description is total rubbish as it is clearly not made to MOD specs!
Old 22-04-17, 03:37 PM

As we all keep saying;

"It is very important to read the whole description when buying items, [badges, buttons and other militaria] of value".

And this lot cover all the bases, so as to ensure there is no mistakes made, even including a little bit about "Kipling & King" !! to ensure you understand they know better. hahahahahahahahaha

FBK
Old 22-04-17, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan O View Post
Ken

Those are indeed fakes but not in anodised aluminium so would not be confused with a real one in the hand.

Alan
Hi Alan,

Quite right - the RCT cap badge is very common so who in their right mind would gear up for such a badge in A/A.

As I said before fake/repro A/A cap badges, although they exist, are not encountered that often.

Regards,

Chris
Old 24-04-17, 06:29 AM

I note that the MOD must have retrospectively applied its specs. to badges that were obsolete years before the MOD was formed........
Old 06-03-18, 04:39 PM

I believe the new batch of Royal Regiment Gloucestershire & Hampshire AA are modern fakes too. Suddenly lots on the open market, Fairs and eBay is a wash with them. No makers name in slider and gold colour is very bright. Royal Ha,pshire Regiment Museum is selling them and when questioned said a man sold them a box of 50. Worth thinking about? What next! 🤔
Old 20-07-18, 09:36 PM
Glosters Cloth

Alan,
The AA Royal Regiment of Gloucestershire & Hampshire with blank sliders are modern (fake) striking. We've compared them and the colours are different. The Royal Hampshire Museum is selling them. I asked where they got them and the curator told me they recently bought 50 from a chap. I asked who and he evaded the question.
Only two makers produced the original strikings and they are named on the slider.
Who would ever have thought years ago that anyone would ever end up faking AA badges???
Best wishes,
Ken
(Ex 1 Glosters)

Tags
anodised staybrite