British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Royal Artillery, Royal Engineers and Royal Signals.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 11-03-16, 05:34 PM

Many years ago I bought a badly scratched example at the old Bolton, Silverwell Street Fair for £1 and sold it a week or so later for £25 on the old Reg Harvey List.

P.B.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 19-03-16, 10:09 AM

Endicii has recently listed an anodised collar on his website:

http://www.endicimilitaria.com/shop.php

It would be nice to find a handful of these in ones travels !!!!!

P.B.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 21-03-16, 10:04 AM
LYPAO Boff

Thats a shocking price..... just shows that dealers will put a price on them...... and the public auction site when started from £0 finishes on what they are really worth.

I like Paul..... but I believe he is being a little too ambitious with that price. I know he sold a pair 3 or 4 years ago for less than that.

If that was a single silver and gilt Officers..... yes, then I would expect that price.

"A Yeoman from the Stalwart Rural Cavalry"
Lechyd da pob Cymro
Old 21-03-16, 04:59 PM

Griff,

I suppose it is far easier to reduce a price rather than increase it and impossible once an item has been sold.

Peter

Old 21-03-16, 05:05 PM
LYPAO Boff

Its been up for a couple of days now Peter..... if it was going to sell (at that price) it would of by now I am sure.

Lechyd da pob Cymro
Old 21-03-16, 05:42 PM

I do pay a fair bit for what I'm after these days, but I would balk at that. Thank goodness I already have one.
Old 14-02-17, 06:06 PM

I have recently obtained a short history of 103 ( Lancashire Artillery Volunteers ) Regiment Royal artillery Volunteers which has an interesting paragraph showing the relationship of the Flint and Denbigh Yeomanry to the current unit.

This is attached and I hope is legible. On a visit to the HQ of 103 Lacncashire Artillery Volunteers a couple of years ago I noticed a large hand written " family tree " of the unit and noticed a reference to the Flint and Denbigh Yeomanry which I did not, at the time, understand. I now, I think, understand the connection between the two units.

P.B.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4094.jpg (34.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4096.jpg (65.0 KB, 21 views)

Old 15-02-17, 08:27 AM

The organisation of the Regiment at 1st April 1967:

P.B.

Old 15-02-17, 01:13 PM
LYPAO Boff

I would guess they wore their Collars Peter? This is certainly a snippet of info thats new to me Thank you very much for posting.

Lechyd da pob Cymro
Old 15-02-17, 02:34 PM

Griff,

About 10 years ago an ex R.A., T.A. officer in Chester was selling off all his uniforms prior to moving down south to live nearer his daughter.

There was his service dress, blue patrols and mess kit. The blue patrols had shoulder chains and he told me that he had previously served with a unit in Liverpool which had originated in the Lancashire Hussars, but more recently he had served with the Flint and Denbigh Yeomanry R.A., the F and D collar badges that he said were silver and gilt had been removed from the patrol jacket and had already been sent with other items to his new house so I never even had the opportunity to look at them.

I cannot remember the officers name but with hindsight I now wonder if he had been a member of the Prestatyn based B Troop but I will never know now.

Peter

Old 28-04-20, 04:58 PM

Finally managed to pick up a bi-metal Flint and Denbigh Yeomanry example, shown below with the its predecessor's badges. The C & D example with the slider has the 12.5mm Gaunt London with no dot mark.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 22769C61-C51C-4069-B92D-A49C9E2ADE7C.jpg (69.1 KB, 40 views)