British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 08-01-24, 10:59 PM

Default Snail mail

I was a little nonplussed yesterday to see a small parcel sitting on my desk that I was not expecting.

Way back during covid times, 2021 in fact, I ordered a 5/RA/LANCASHIRE title from David Smith at British Army Badges. It was sent tracked and the last notification was that it was leaving the UK in the hands of the contractor.

It didn't arrive, there were no further notifications and I eventually after allowing for the postal delays of the time assumed it had found its way into landfill. In fact I forgot about it and ordered another off a different dealer last year.

So imagine my surprise to have David's packet lob at home in Australia on 8 January 2024! It was dated 4 August 2021. I have had airmail take six months from Canada, and surface mail 5 months from South Africa, but never 2 and 1/2 years from anywhere before.

The moral of the story is never to give up! Anybody got a spare RA Volunteer title they want to swap for a 5/RA/LANCASHIRE?

Keith
Old 09-01-24, 01:48 AM

I've had two Scottish badges go missing mailed during Covid., and have given up on them. As you, also replaced them. The dealer and I agreed to split the loss as I trust he mailed them, and had offered a full refund. Personally, I'd rather have the badges!!! maybe they'll show up some day too???

Terry
Old 09-01-24, 05:13 AM

hI Team

And I thought it only happened to me!

June 2011, I won an auction on EBAY for US patches from a good seller ,who I had ordered off before and they never arrived.

I had no problem with the seller and I said, dont worry about a refund , you did everything right and USPS screwed up.

I ordered more from him he gave me discounts etc as a thankyou.

The package finally turned up in June 2012 almost to the day I won it!

Well it happens

Phill
Old 09-01-24, 11:10 AM

Maybe there is hope that my packet from Malta will arrive. I must confess that a small packet from Northern Ireland took nearly a year to reach me in London, England.

Marc
Old 09-01-24, 11:13 PM

I've had stuff take six months to get here in NZ from Australia and that was WAY before all this Covid stuff....

As I'd paid by credit card, I got my money back from Visa and the dealer then refunded me! Visa must have wondered what game I was playing....

Turned up six months later and, me being me, I paid for the items.