British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 10-04-19, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I have a feeling the person who made the video is in their teens. Their other videos are just as bad! We were all there at some stage!

My two cents,

Stephen
Indeed we were but we didn't advertise it for all the world to see.
Old 10-04-19, 12:18 PM

Fair point guys, no excuse for uploading misinformation, though YouTube is full of similar type videos by 'kids' with little or no knowledge advising their 'expertise'. There is some onus on anyone who does watch it to decide whether the information seems correct or not. The video doesn't have too many views, so hopefully it stays that way.

Stephen
Old 10-04-19, 12:34 PM

Having a degree of interaction with a broad spectrum of individuals in my day job my personal belief is it’s a person with learning difficulties or mental health issues. Voice, pitch, words used, syntax, hesitation and difficulty speaking etc. are tell tale signs, all which I’ve witnessed first hand. As Stephen articulated it ‘belief the person was in their teens’.

Anyone who thinks an expert pauses so much, hesitates and uses such technical jargon as ‘errr weird old age brass thing’ is, to be kind, rather gullible and there are far bigger and more convincing dangers and scams lurking for them on the internet than this chap.

Obviously doesn’t excuse him professing to be an expert etc but I for one will not be throwing stones.

Last edited by Luke H; 10-04-19 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-04-19, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Fair point guys, no excuse for uploading misinformation, though YouTube is full of similar type videos by 'kids' with little or no knowledge advising their 'expertise'. There is some onus on anyone who does watch it to decide whether the information seems correct or not. The video doesn't have too many views, so hopefully it stays that way.

Stephen
Good on you for offering a counterpoint, Stephen.

Regards,

JT
Old 10-04-19, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke H View Post
Having a degree of interaction with a broad spectrum of individuals in my day job my personal belief is it’s a person with learning difficulties or mental health issues. Voice, pitch, words used, syntax, hesitation and difficulty speaking etc. are tell tale signs, all which I’ve witnessed first hand.

Anyone who thinks an expert pauses so much, hesitates and uses such technical jargon as ‘errr weird old age brass thing’ is, to be kind, rather gullible and there are far bigger and more convincing dangers and scams lurking for them on the internet than this chap.

Obviously doesn’t excuse him professing to be an expert etc but I for one will not be throwing stones.
I’m not so sure, Luke. He may not know what he’s talking about, but he certainly knows what he’s saying.

I get the impression his hesitation and inarticulacy are due to an absence of knowledge rather than what might be perceived as learning difficulties.

What say you?

JT
Old 10-04-19, 12:56 PM

Are we saying, his probably not a Forum Member.....
Andy
Old 10-04-19, 01:28 PM
Mr. Jackanory

Maybe the diffusing an IED video is not such a bad idea.... Could start his career with a bang...
Old 10-04-19, 03:54 PM

That’s a real “Cracker” of a reply Matti, had me laughing so much, I nearly choked on my toast! D.J.
Old 10-04-19, 04:20 PM

You have actually watched them then?

Quote:
I have a feeling the person who made the video is in their teens. Their other videos are just as bad! We were all there at some stage!

My two cents,

Stephen
Old 10-04-19, 04:22 PM

Well i'm gutted, just thrown my whole collection away as not one of my badges has "that old white brassy stuff" on it..... every one a fake, damn better start again, this time only collecting real badges. anybody got an ultra rare Royal Artillery Corps to start me off? regards John
Old 10-04-19, 04:49 PM
Mr. Jackanory

I have binned all my RA badges that had no Corps on them, flattened them with a hammer first...
Old 10-04-19, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kelley View Post
You have actually watched them then?
I watched one or two medal ones and then his 'history' of Abu Klea, the latter rather terrible. Seems like an interested 'kid' or 'teen' with no real in-dept knowledge.

While uploading misinformation is one thing, if he is young, he obviously has an interest which should be encouraged, this hobby does need a new crop of young collectors.

Stephen
Old 10-04-19, 05:32 PM

Poor little sod, shot down in his prime. I do hope, most sincerely, that he does not read this thread.
Old 10-04-19, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Terror View Post
I’m not so sure, Luke. He may not know what he’s talking about, but he certainly knows what he’s saying.

I get the impression his hesitation and inarticulacy are due to an absence of knowledge rather than what might be perceived as learning difficulties.

What say you?

JT
Don’t get me wrong he could have a voice that makes David Beckham sound manly, be as arrogant as Napoleon whilst being blinder than Neville Chamberlain.

But having listened in part to several of his videos (20 mins of my life I’ll never get back), and his bayonet videos are done on his bunk bed, he’s either regurgitating what he thinks are facts like a child or rambling. The literal errors made are so obvious it can’t be arrogance IMO as it would’ve been ridiculed out of him I’m sure at school.

I’m 100% he’s on the autism spectrum IMO. His hands also look young, 20s at most I’d say. Possibly shouldn’t have been sold all those bayonets even he could be that young.

Yes no doubt he knows what he’s saying. Like in law mental illness and capacity may be a defence raised as a mitigating factor but it doesn’t excuse the acts or words.

Cheers,

Luke
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E478EA08-4724-41F6-ACA1-DA38487C7F26.jpg (54.6 KB, 48 views)
Old 10-04-19, 06:46 PM

Just for Nozzer LMFTO and we thought we knew a bit!!!!
Cheers JT
Wilf