British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Sweetheart, Veteran and other Lapel Badges.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 01-04-14, 10:45 AM

Default Rare British Fascists "Group Commanders" badge ..how rare ???

....my girlfriends been clearing bits out and found this badge....for Rotha Linton-Ornam British Fascists group.....
I have spent hours on google trying to find another example of a "Group Commanders" badge without success....this one is numbered 14.
Also the makers details "Birmingham Medal CO" is not under scored, though I have seen other badges thus marked . Badge is die struck...but has been through the wars ,silvers worn down and just left traces of it ...the badge is as it was picked up in a tin of junk many years ago.
My Question is how many "Group Commanders" existed in the leadership of this organisation, I note "Rotha Linton Ornam" was decribed as an "outstanding Group commander " as it is low numbered is it researchable ?? I believe its genuine ,as it does not replicate the copies I have seen...in fact I cant find even a copy of a "group commanders" badge to compare ....does anyone have any idea of value ...and this really isn't my thing.
thank you for your help !!
steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20140401_012.jpg (62.1 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20140401_004.jpg (33.0 KB, 71 views)
Old 01-04-14, 12:48 PM

Location: In Luxembourg for the last 20 years and staying. They take much better care of us here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrestingu View Post
....my girlfriends been clearing bits out and found this badge....for Rotha Linton-Ornam British Fascists group.....
I have spent hours on google trying to find another example of a "Group Commanders" badge without success....this one is numbered 14.
Also the makers details "Birmingham Medal CO" is not under scored, though I have seen other badges thus marked . Badge is die struck...but has been through the wars ,silvers worn down and just left traces of it ...the badge is as it was picked up in a tin of junk many years ago.
My Question is how many "Group Commanders" existed in the leadership of this organisation, I note "Rotha Linton Ornam" was decribed as an "outstanding Group commander " as it is low numbered is it researchable ?? I believe its genuine ,as it does not replicate the copies I have seen...in fact I cant find even a copy of a "group commanders" badge to compare ....does anyone have any idea of value ...and this really isn't my thing.
thank you for your help !!
steve
Steve,
I am sure you realise that being rare (maybe..) doesn't necessarily equate to value - they arn't the same thing. Being rare and desirable is something else entirely. Would suggest you try ebay or another auction site, you'll soon find out whether anyone collects British fascist type badges.
Rgds, David
Old 01-04-14, 03:42 PM

One was here:
http://www.blograrebooks.co.uk/books...on.php?id=2442

and here:
https://www.ukauctioneers.com/auctio...s/3594?page=13

and here:
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Scarce-Britis...-/121300477172
Old 01-04-14, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wright241 View Post
Steve,
I am sure you realise that being rare (maybe..) doesn't necessarily equate to value - they arn't the same thing. Being rare and desirable is something else entirely. Would suggest you try ebay or another auction site, you'll soon find out whether anyone collects British fascist type badges.
Rgds, David
Well, if anybody does collect this stuff anything to Rotha Lintorn-Orman ought to be well up on their "wants" list. She founded a Fascist party long before Mosley founded the BUF.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotha_Lintorn-Orman
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Orman.jpg (31.7 KB, 46 views)
Old 01-04-14, 06:20 PM

Hi ,
Thanks for the links !! but still not right as my one is for "GROUP COMMANDER" !!!! ...those are for lower Officer ranks !!

thanks
steve