British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Headdress

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 04-04-17, 07:53 AM

Default Middlesex WW1 Helmet help

Hi all
I'd be greatfull for any help or advice on this item 292074366138 as you see it's Middlesex related so I'm interested in buying it but would appreciate some one to help confirm its ok and guniune, I have researched and to my eye looks ok but having never collected this type of helmet or even seen one in the hand help is required .What are your thoughts on the price ? does seem on the high side to me, having had a look around its high end but then I've not seen one with strap and liner and decal before so may be right ? Any thoughts or help I'd appreciate

Thanks

Gerard
Old 04-04-17, 08:01 AM

Direct link to the item -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nk..._dmd=1&_ipg=25
Old 04-04-17, 08:35 AM

Thanks for the direct link, I tried to do that from my phone but didn't work

Gerard
Old 04-04-17, 09:05 AM

Gerard,

The actual Helmet is a good original Brodie in nice condition.

However what YOU have to decide is how long the 'badge' has been on the front.

Compare it to other known examples and also look at any other militaria the vendor is selling to see if its good quality.

regards

Manchester Regiment Collector
Rank, Prize & Trade Badges
British & Commonwealth Artillery Badges
Old 04-04-17, 10:47 AM

Gerard,

Standard price for a MK I brodie between £2-300 depending on source, condition. GENUINELY badge brodie prices will depend on the condition of the badge and the unit it is representing. I would estimate between £350-500 for a genuine complete brodie.

Be aware that several years ago a number of brodies with painted insignia (MGC, Notts and Derby) all appeared out of the East Midlands. In my opinion none had period applied insignia.

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb64 View Post
Hi all
I'd be greatfull for any help or advice on this item 292074366138 as you see it's Middlesex related so I'm interested in buying it but would appreciate some one to help confirm its ok and guniune, I have researched and to my eye looks ok but having never collected this type of helmet or even seen one in the hand help is required .What are your thoughts on the price ? does seem on the high side to me, having had a look around its high end but then I've not seen one with strap and liner and decal before so may be right ? Any thoughts or help I'd appreciate

Thanks

Gerard