British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 07-10-17, 12:18 PM

Default 3 para

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren View Post
Hi could I please ask you guys for your opinion on this piece , http://www.britishempiremilitaria.co...h=53404&phqu=2 Thankyou in advance
not to be touched with a bargepole, mate!
Old 07-10-17, 04:56 PM

I didn't realise he had that much " CRAP " on his site.
Andy
Old 07-10-17, 06:06 PM

I think that is all too true, these idiots do know exactly what they are doing, they should be avoided, sadly, there will be some that still buy from them, if, on occasion, they see something that they want, but, I would always rather look elsewhere, than do business with folk like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchesters View Post
Yes, I informed him about the Manchester Regiment fakes and all I got was abusive emails so I blocked him.

He knows what he is doing.

regards
Old 07-10-17, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchesters View Post
It was several hundred pounds! I remember seeing it.
Several hundred quid!!!

I'm fairly new to collecting WWII British FS and CST and have a number of UK sites in my book marks and have noticed of late more US patches are being sold by reputable dealers as original WWII but they are modern reproductions coming out of eastern Europe or Asia.

I think many dealers lack basic knowledge on US SSI (as do US sellers on ebay I might add easy to put WWII in title) and also sell on consignments which you will get BS patches amongst legit patches.

Just recently I sent an email to one mentioning his 82nd Airborne SSI are wrong time period and a fake, I do hope he does take them down as he sells excellent quality WWII era items.

This is not only to protect the collector but also the reputation of the dealer!!

This is where forums like this are extremely helpful to the collector as a warning remember research , research research!!

Does that mean that I will not make a mistake -no , I estimate I have 2 cloth titles that are a reproduction cost 10 approx quid. I can live with that but not several hundred quid.

Phill