British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 25-09-16, 09:20 PM

James, message sent

Thanks

Alistair
Old 01-06-17, 03:25 PM

Can someone please tell me where Albert was born and where he was from what part of the UK please? My grand father was named Albert Huball and I have his photo here in his uniform and I would like to know if it is him you are talking about, please?
Old 02-06-17, 09:00 PM

The caption on the photo with the mortar mentions him being from Motherwell which is Central Scotland (I was born in Motherwell which makes me very interested in this group)

Cheers

Alistair
Old 10-06-17, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffen44 View Post
I was fortunate enough to 'stumble' over this grouping recently and would very much appreciate any details relating to which Para Battalion Alfred Hubball served in WW2.
In the grouping are some 25 Private photos showing troops in C47 aircraft waiting to jump, landing on drop zones ect ect . I have included a couple as I thought the union jack armband being worn by one para inside the aircraft prior to jump may be of interest to you para buffs out there ! I have also tried to show there seems to be some sort of coloured flash being worn behind his beret badge.
Here is what I know of Albert;
2936250 Hubball Albert
DOB 6/5/1922
Transferred to AAC in 1942
Awarded Africa Star, Italy Star, 39-45 Star , Defense Medal .
Appointed L.corpral 15/1/45
Appointed Cpl 17/8/45
Appointed Sgt 2/5/46

I would be very grateful to learn more of where Albert saw service ect in WW2 ( I can guess Italy and Africa based upon his medals ) .
Many Thanks , James.
Congrats, James. Very nice grouping!
You may want to consider making an entry in the ParaData Roll Call https://paradata.org.uk/rollcall

Check also this photo:
https://paradata.org.uk/media/3932?m...n=Group+photos

Cheers!
Pierre