British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 27-12-17, 09:02 PM

Default PRA Scotland blazer badge

Had this in my collection and thought I would post. Go easy

Cheers,
Kenny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171226_113907.jpg (82.2 KB, 60 views)

S.F. Collector
Old 28-12-17, 02:28 PM

Dang, 40 + views and no comments? Is this a private purchase ? Or is this a legit association ? Any info is appreciated

Cheers
Kenny

S.F. Collector
Old 28-12-17, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdixie View Post
Dang, 40 + views and no comments? Is this a private purchase ? Or is this a legit association ? Any info is appreciated

Cheers
Kenny
The phrasing of your original post suggested you mere merely 'showing' the badge, not being physic, i for one did not realise you were asking for confirmation or otherwise of provenence.
Perhaps a little more clarity next time, that way you will find many on here willing then to comment for good or bad.
Old 28-12-17, 08:07 PM

Aren't all blazer badges private purchase?

Rgds, Thomas
Old 28-12-17, 08:16 PM

Parachute Regiment Scotland ? but then an SAS badge on it ? Is it a Walter Mitty item ?????
Andy
Old 28-12-17, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenadierguardsman View Post
Parachute Regiment Scotland ? but then an SAS badge on it ? Is it a Walter Mitty item ?????
Andy
Membership of the Parachute Regiment Association according to their charter, Is open to members of all Airborne forces (this includes the SAS - both regular and reserve ). As 23 SAS had a Squadron in Scotland it is perfectly feasible that former members of the unit may have served in both 23 SAS and 15 Para. Not everyone is a Walter Mitty, it sometimes strikes me that nowadays if we see something that we haven't seen before or perhaps don't understand then we resort to the default setting of "Walter Mitty" - just saying......
Old 28-12-17, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc14 View Post
Membership of the Parachute Regiment Association according to their charter, Is open to members of all Airborne forces (this includes the SAS - both regular and reserve ). As 23 SAS had a Squadron in Scotland it is perfectly feasible that former members of the unit may have served in both 23 SAS and 15 Para. Not everyone is a Walter Mitty, it sometimes strikes me that nowadays if we see something that we haven't seen before or perhaps don't understand then we resort to the default setting of "Walter Mitty" - just saying......
No, i just personally think it looks a bit over the top. Thats all. And yes there are far too many Walter Mitty's knocking about nowadays.
Andy
Old 30-12-17, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc14 View Post
I appreciate the info, I joined the forum to educate myself on items I'm not familiar with, and hopefully meet some Nice people in the process. So thanks again. Have a great New Year!!

All the best,
Kenny

S.F. Collector