British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Other Army Departments and Corps Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 06-04-16, 09:27 PM

Default KC Chaplains badge

This is another recent acquisition which puzzles me, very light which means it could be aluminium with the slight traces of the makers name Firmin London between the blades.

The black on the reverse is slightly irridescent (which is a poor excuse for my photography).

Any thoughts on this badge?

Rob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010306.jpg (64.9 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg P1010307.jpg (79.5 KB, 87 views)
Old 07-04-16, 07:03 PM

I don't have a Firmin made example to compare, but it looks like one from ebay seller xena something who had badges made of "an unknown base metal" a couple of years ago.
Old 08-04-16, 09:09 PM

Smile KC Chaplains badge

Luc, many thanks for this information, I am not familiar with this seller at all, but this badge does not look to have standard blades, why would A/A badges have blades?

I do have a collection of Chaplains badges, so I may keep this item with them as an example, the makers name is a bit strange as it is faint. It came with a lot of original bi-metal and A/A badges.

Rob
Old 25-04-16, 06:54 PM

Is just managed to purchase a Firmin made badge, it does seem this pattern was used as a mould to produce yours.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1408.jpg (67.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1409.jpg (57.0 KB, 25 views)
Old 28-04-16, 08:42 AM

Rob

Bendable tabs was the correct fittings for the RAChD Christian & Jewish Anodised Aluminium badges.

Information from UKSC 2124 below

130-3799 30299 INSIGNIA ORGANISATION CAP ROYAL ARMY CHAPLAINS' DEPARTMENT
Aluminium, anodised black, with two side clips. For use with cap, beret or bonnet. Christian officers.

130-3809 30309 INSIGNIA ORGANISATION CAP ROYAL ARMY CHAPLAINS' DEPARTMENT
Aluminium, anodised black. Complete with two horizontal clasp fasteners. Jewish officers

Paddy
Old 02-05-16, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
Rob

Bendable tabs was the correct fittings for the RAChD Christian & Jewish Anodised Aluminium badges.

Information from UKSC 2124 below

130-3799 30299 INSIGNIA ORGANISATION CAP ROYAL ARMY CHAPLAINS' DEPARTMENT
Aluminium, anodised black, with two side clips. For use with cap, beret or bonnet. Christian officers.

130-3809 30309 INSIGNIA ORGANISATION CAP ROYAL ARMY CHAPLAINS' DEPARTMENT
Aluminium, anodised black. Complete with two horizontal clasp fasteners. Jewish officers

Paddy
Thank you Paddy,
I have several of the queens crowned versions of Christian and Jewish and there are a few 'blade' variations. Oddly I also have a Christian one with lugs. (incidentally Chaplain Majors have their own bespoke black anodised crowns - purple backing - keep an eye out for them!)

If Rob's badge were anodised with a kings crown - I would suggest that it is a fairly rare beast. It does look like 'Firmin London' on the back from the image. Difficult to say without handling it, so to speak.

Best regards to all Gents

Bess