British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Formation Signs and Patches

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 12-11-11, 06:28 AM

Default FORMATION SIGN

Dear BBF Members, Formation sign collectors and member of THE MILITARY HERALDRY SOCIETY,
"GREETINGS TO ALL!!!"

I am looking for a pair of these Formation signs. and would like to purchase them. if you have them, I would like to see scans of it please.
PM me of your price and I will be very glad to make you OFFER come TRUE. Advance THANKS to all parties concern for the trouble you might have taken to answer this thread.

"BEST OF LUCK TO ME!!!"

GURKHA RIFLES
Jungle Warfare Schoot - Kota Tinggi - Johore.jpg
Old 12-11-11, 02:50 PM

JWS - Rare as hens' teeth - good luck!
Old 12-11-11, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jackson View Post
JWS - Rare as hens' teeth - good luck!
I agree but single versions come up from time to time however beware of the 'cloth faker', he is getting very clever and will soon relieve you of your hard earned cash. If you are tempted to buy something rare, have the item 'sale or return' and seek advice here on this forum. There are a couple of experts who would be willing to help. Good luck with your search.
Old 13-11-11, 03:00 PM

Default FORMATION SIGN

Dear Mike and Oriskany,
Many many THANKS!!! for your comments. Agree with Mike, this is a very rare piece. I had this item with me in the 70s. I got it from a BRITISH ARMY contracted tailor who had his shop next door. But lost them in the event of shifting houses thru the 70s and 80s.
I also agree with ORISKANY, that fakers can easily fake this piece, if they can fake more complicated signs , this is as easy as ABC. Well hope that it does not come out in a few month's time. If it does, take a good look again , the fakers have started working on it.
"BEST OF LUCK WITH ME!!!"
Sincere regards,
GURKHA RIFLES
Old 17-12-11, 09:34 PM

Hi, this is one I've had for some time. Is it right and what is it? thanks in advance Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg czech and mix 001.jpg (51.0 KB, 81 views)
Old 18-12-11, 07:39 AM

Default JWS

Jungle Warfare School, (located in the 1960 at least) a few miles east of Johore Bahru, Malaya. Staffed by British, Australian, New Zealand and Malaysian personnel. The sign is obviously a "jungle-ised" version of the-then sign of School of Infantry, Warminster.
(I still bear the scars!)