British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Other Commonwealth Military Insignia > Indian Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 15-08-17, 05:35 PM
jamesmilitaria

Default Shoulder Titles

Good day folks

It has been an Indian Army Badge day today. Just sorted through my shoulder titles box and laid them out in order. A few still to find, I continue to hunt hard but otherwise a pretty good crop. I think some quite rare ones there too. Moplas weren't around for long.

One or two may not be correct so please comment if you notice any obvious misattributions. Some spares found will be listed soon.

The question now is "how do I display these?"

Enjoy

James
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170815_174941.jpg (118.2 KB, 141 views)
Old 15-08-17, 05:43 PM

Hi James,

A very impressive display indeed. Lovely to see them all out like that.

Cheers,

Roy

Despatch Rider Insignia & Photographs.

Author/Dealer in the Fairbairn Sykes Fighting Knife
My website: www.fsknife.com
Old 15-08-17, 05:56 PM
jamesmilitaria

By the way this is just the shoulder titles for the numbered infantry regiments pre 1922 and post 1900 ish.

I'm conducting the same exercise for the cavalry and will post soon.
Old 15-08-17, 06:54 PM

Smile

Very nice James - thanks for sharing - look forward to seeing the Cavalry - you might have inspired me to post my Gurkha titles !
Old 16-08-17, 03:16 AM

You seem to have the whole lot! The 77 and 78 Moplahs are nice and hard to come by.
The numbers in '45' of different shades..is it a camera thing? or one dark toned and other other cleaned?
Old 16-08-17, 07:29 AM
jamesmilitaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyber View Post
You seem to have the whole lot! The 77 and 78 Moplahs are nice and hard to come by.
The numbers in '45' of different shades..is it a camera thing? or one dark toned and other other cleaned?
The 45 are both polished brass. Its reflection
Old 16-08-17, 07:31 AM
jamesmilitaria

Thanks folks. I've just got to figure out the best way of displaying them now.
Old 22-09-17, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmilitaria View Post
Good day folks

It has been an Indian Army Badge day today. Just sorted through my shoulder titles box and laid them out in order. A few still to find, I continue to hunt hard but otherwise a pretty good crop. I think some quite rare ones there too. Moplas weren't around for long.

One or two may not be correct so please comment if you notice any obvious misattributions. Some spares found will be listed soon.

The question now is "how do I display these?"

Enjoy

James
A very impressive collection indeed thanks for sharing. The only ones seen that are about complete with variations for the 2nd and 3rd battalions as well are said to be in the collection of FM Sir John Chapple and Capt Ashok Nath. Sir John had displayed his titles along with the badges, keeping in mind the last Infantry group, eg 1st Punjab Regiment on one board with its 5 battalions ( former 62nd Punjabis, 66th Punjabis and so on.....). Capt Nath has displayed according to period pre-1903, 1903 to 1922, 1922 to 1947 and post 1947. I guess in the end it's all how you would like them to be displayed.
Old 23-09-17, 02:10 PM

Very impressive indeed. I mount all my badges on polystyrene boards in cabinets. It isn't the prettiest, but gives me flexibility to rearrange them if I get another badge for a certain section. Hope this helps. Regards Andrew