View Single Post
Old 25-01-18, 02:28 PM

(the above example has been picked by me to evidence that individuals were being directly-commissioned as senior officers (ie Sqn Ldr and above) in the Admin & Special Duties branch of the RAFVR, in addition to Junior Offrs, not long after the branch was raised in Feb 1939)

ps I think I have found a handful of 'Pickards' listed in the Admin&SD branch of the RAFVR (honorary and main branch), but none named George. Do we have any alternative first-names, or date of appointment, for the intriguing Dr Pickard?

pps we may be looking for detail from AIR 2/3994 at Kew, which is described as RESERVE AND AUXILIARY FORCES (Code B, 66): Formation of administrative and special duties branch (reference in its original department: 871868/39). This document has not currently been digitised (unfortunately).

At present, I don't have the time or opportunity myself to get down to Kew, so another option may be for me to place a formal paid-for order to see a copy feasibility report. Unless we have any volunteers to go and do some old-fashioned physical research in the archives?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-01-25 13.49.02.jpg (56.2 KB, 114 views)

Last edited by Harlequin; 25-01-18 at 05:50 PM.