View Single Post
Old 04-11-15, 06:38 AM

Default first issue jimmy buttons...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C View Post
The change from SSF to 2 CMBG was in March 95 with the badge coming out in the fall of 95.

I remember being in a below-ground Bde CP the engineers had built for us in Gagetown (Sep 95) and having to tell the Bde RSM that his shiny new badges had the bear facing backwards and he'd have to get new ones before he sewed them on his uniform. He didn't like that but soon found out I was correct. This is the source of the five sets of prototype DEU/Garrison badges that are 'backwards'.
I remember first Jimmy Brass Buttons issued to us were fucked up as well.
pointing wrong way. I had the first of the Trade Qual Badges when I returned from Kingston to Gander, and was one of the first on station with the Jump Boots, smock and brass buckle (all of which needed polishing and were instantly hated.) I was told to get it all on cause some General was coming through. I remember guy with a strange collar dogs that I couldn't quite place asking me how I liked the new dress blah blah....

He then whispered for me to take off that qual badge and sew on my tans for the mess dinner that night...I ask no questions.

I was only a private I think, and got roaring drunk till daylight with the Command Chief of the Canadian Arm Forces and some General....
And he was probably the only guy in the Army that could tell the difference at that time between a rubberhead dress and undress badge.
I had to trace my steps back to the mess the next morning and pick up the uniform trail which led directly back to the Officers Mess lol.

Memories....

Some of which seem to be returning since I got of the booze hahaha.

BZ