View Single Post
Old 21-05-15, 05:43 AM

OK... here's an update for you all.

We've come to realise that people want to buy the recently released eBook in hard copy form. First, as I mentioned to Mick in an earlier post, the PDF hasn't been 'crippled' at all and anyone who has the pdf is able to print out all 614 pages for themselves. Both Arthur and I have already done that... and we did it quite a few times during the process of writing the work as well. In this day and age of 'quick print'/quick copy print-shops, you can get that done pretty easily (even though some of them can be a bit dear for B&W and very expensive for colour).

So, what Arthur and I are thinking about doing, is having a very a limited run of the Vol 1 eBook produced (in black and white) and hand-signed and numbered, if people prefer that path to printing out a copy of their own and then getting it sensibly bound etc?

From a DIY perspective, we've found that an unbound b&w copy from an 'on-demand' printer (such as OfficeWorks in Australia), can be had for 8c per page (so Vol 1 would be $49.12 unbound). They don't seem to be able to wire or coil bind books over 400 pages... so a DIY copy would need to be drilled/punched and placed in a ring-binder.

Let us know if a professionally printed and wire bound B&W copy with a clear acetate cover and a hard-wearing back cover will be of interest? Having those sold at gun shows or via militaria dealers would be the cheapest way to get them distributed... otherwise Express Post in Australia would add about $15 to the full cost and heaven only knows what the OS post costs would be

Any thoughts, DIY or shop-bought?

Regards

Mark

Last edited by Mark Corcoran; 24-05-15 at 02:45 AM.