View Single Post
Old 09-12-16, 03:30 PM

Question Douglas Baders RAF Hat badge?(advice required)

Hello to everyone and a very merry Christmas!

I have had a fascination with Douglas Bader most of my life,and whilst his name can stir up many passions,I for one think he was one hell of a Flyer.

Because I have so little to do 24/7 to be precise! I have being persuaded to take up RC flying as their is a simple RC Spitfire-model from USA
so hopefully it will get me out of the house,as we live in the wilds of Norway and are surrounded by fields,so almost ideal for RC flying.

That apart I have always collected Badges/Pins/patches both military and railway related,I have just sold q quite large collection of post war German beret badges & patches.

I have a US Marines (armoured Corps) set of souvenir patches but very nice all the same + some modern pins e..t.c (not genuine) and one US ARMY Armored Division patch (Real)

But my real reason for today's thread is Badges and Bader.
I would like to see exactly which RAF badges He would have worn?

I noticed in "Reach For The Sky" when he left Roehampton he was wearing a standard RAF officers Hat with what looked like a warrant officers metal cap badge (must be my mistake) but if someone can supply some pics of what he would have worn I maybe can buy the odd genuine and copies for the more expensive.

Many thanks Steve