View Single Post
Old 08-08-17, 07:39 PM

Thank you for your comments gents, appreciated as always.

As I now only need police insignia from 3 of the Emirates - Ajman, Fujairah and Umm al-Quwain - this button and a UAE Police cap badge are held in reserve: once I get one of those last 3 cracked the button and badge will fill in the gaps so that I have the police of each Emirate represented in my collection. Of course I could have taken the easy route and just said "UAE" but when have I ever done things the easy way (e.g. taking a Master's degree at the age of 50 and being out of work for the following 6 years, but that's another story).

I'm starting to build up a small library on the TOS and have to say I find it a fascinating unit, and it appeals to the part of me that loves (the idea of) deserts - the other part loves islands - so between those and my library on ghosts I've plenty of reading for my twilight years .

Thanks again gents

Graham
I am looking to purchase items from the British Administration Police & Prison Services in Cyrenaica & Tripolitania; Eritrea & Ethiopia; Somalia (f. Italian Somaliland) & British Somaliland; & the Dodecanese: insignia, documents, photographs etc.