View Single Post
Old 10-12-16, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcspitfireman View Post
Good day Phillip
many thanks for the information on your Grans brother,quite something to have flew with bader.
I actually new Ginger Lacey,when I lived in Bridlington,in those days I was a butcher and delivered their meat on my pushbike,mrs lacey was a lovely lady and ginger was quiet.always wanted is autograph, never had the courage to ask.

just thought I would mention it,even though it as not direct relaation to your comments

Merry Christmas
Steve
It's interesting how you can encounter these people in life. I grew up in British Columbia. One of my mother's patients had also flown with Bader and had been shot down and parachuted into an English girl's school. A lady in my home town who I did yard work for had a brother who was a mechanic on 242.
I have copies of parts of my great uncle's log book. It shows him having flown the same Hurricane that Willie McKnight was later shot down in. Corgi put out a diecast model of that particular Hurricane.

Phil

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.