View Single Post
Old 05-08-15, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artynut View Post
Could those titles shown at the beginning of this thread be the individual's number? Question for Larry W., is the Corps History still available to buy? Maybe there's a mention there. I ask this as I have some surplus C.P.O. badges which each have different numbers in the lower part of the wreath which I believe to be the individual's number. Now of course, in the C.C.C., if the individual's number is worn, it is a separate piece and not worn on the headdress or shoulder title. I still have mine from my time at Great Lakes Div. Cheers, D.J.
Mike asked if there are any Dress Reg's out there from the Commissionaires. I have never found an actual "book", different divisions have their own instructions and they (of course) vary.

In your comment you say "I still have mine from my time at Great Lakes Div"??? A number over CofC or ??. I was talking to Bill Alexander on this the other day. He made the point that these badges are not on the cadet site (which is a good site) and there are numbers that do not correspond to the Sqn list. If they are commissionaire badges - wow!! the logistics of them would be wild (and the cost) if they were individual - but!!!! I have seen multiple copies of the same badge - Why?? If they are a persons serial number. I have never heard of a Detachment numbering scheme for the Commissionaires- but that would explain multiple copies of the same number??