View Single Post
Old 01-03-17, 07:27 PM

didithevan, I worked in Shed D2 (Clothing Detail) in the early 70's and at that time many Kings Crown badges were still in stock. Shed D1 was Bulk Storage so less stock was seen open on bins (shelves)

You were lucky to even get close the badges section as they were then the domain of two very protective civi ladies, as believe it or not the most popular badges to go missing were RAOC, WRAC & RPC (for replacement wear) not the more exotic ones as not many who worked there were collector's! I did see more than a few batch issues of badges for military displays go thru the system however, and in later years of service never returned to Bicester, or never to the sheds anyway.

I have about 12, 'as new' 2 piece 'FIRMIN LONDON' many still wrapped in tissue paper RAOC cap badges for sale to RAOC Association members for wearing, not collecting that are still in demand by ex RAOC soldiers.

One thing I am really after are RAOC sealed working patterns of any kind, as not many see the light of day for some reason!

Wanted Poppy Pins

Last edited by Mike_2817; 01-03-17 at 07:38 PM.