Thread: my new haul
View Single Post
Old 20-08-17, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgecollector View Post
Thanks mark
Nothing sensational but some very nice bits. Jus as happy with the cloth I picked up.
BTW Great book mate. Picked it up at a recent show. Now that's my type of bedside reading. Love it
BC
BC

I think that if I was only able to collect one type of insignia, it would be very hard to pick between metal titles and GS Rising Sun badges Glad to see you aren't faced with that choice though!

As for the book... I'm glad you like Vol 2.Did you pick your copy up from Dave Wright at the Ballarat show or from Arthur at the recent Brisbane/Ipswich Show?

As an aside... after we get more feedback about Vol 2 from Readers and from Canberra etc, we'll look at putting out either Vol 3 on (post '53) Rank and Trade Insignia (depending upon interest)... or we might start going back to earlier periods for Corps and Regiments (together)... for example putting out material on 1948-52 as a supplement to Vols 1 and 2. We aren't firm on either approach at present. Vol 3 was/is the original plan... but covering King's Crown period hat and collar items is also a very attractive field to research. There are quite a few Army Museum Collections that we can spend days and days with (photographing, weighing and measuring etc).

Damn it... we might have to try researching and writing both topics at once?

Any thoughts?

Mark (out)