View Single Post
Old 04-04-16, 02:15 PM

Default 94 Berkshire Yeomanry Signal Squadron (V)

Dear Michael and Ian and Alan

At times I am too quick in looking at what I have written and not what I should have written.

You are quite correct Michael I have indeed transposed the figure for the introduction of the Officer's Beret Badge of 1967 and indeed it should have been 1976 under Corps Memorandum No 7 of 1976 when the unofficial wearing of some Signals units was ratified to wear these embellishments.

Not all units wore these embellishments straight away and either the normal Yeomanry badge was worn or the Royal Signals "Jimmy" badge.

In the case of 94 Berkshire Yeomanry they became part of the 1967 Territorial Army changes and became A. (BY) Company, Royal Berkshire Territorials TAVR III. In 1969 they became 94 (Berkshire Yeomanry) Signals Squadron. In 1994 this title changed slightly to 94 (Berkshire Yeomanry) Signal Squadron (Volunteers).

I hope this slight error has now cleared up the reason for the incorrect date. My web site will be changed accordingly as and when I can get my son to come and visit and change it for me.

With my kind regards and thanks

Chris Walker
www.signalsbadges.co.uk