Thread: Tower Tragedy
View Single Post
Old 17-06-17, 02:48 PM

Not strictly to do with the fate of the Grenfell Tower but along similar lines and a bit of deja vu involved. Only the night before I was watching a Russian film (English language) on YouTube entitled "The Fool" and the plot centred around a conscientious building maintenance chief who was also studying building engineering, and a 27-Floor high rise dilapidated residential tower. While investigating a burst water pipe the protagonist discovered a massive crack going up from from ground level to the roof, and the whole block tilting.
To cut a long story short, the plot concerned the sleaze, graft, indifference, incompetence, et al that the authorities weltered in at the expense of the tenants whose lives were at stake. I am not inferring by any means that this is what happened in Kensington, I am just drawing an analogy with hundreds of souls asleep in a high-rise tower building unaware of the death-trap around them and a tragedy waiting to unfold. I recommend the film, it's an eye-opener.

GTB