View Single Post
Old 30-06-16, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quite simply,

The RBL is both a charity and a business which has paying members, the benefits of been a paying member (as I have had nothing else for the past 30+ years) I would have thought would be communication and to inform members of events, offers etc, so you are correct that I was unable to react in a timely manner simply because I was out of the country because the RBL never flagged it up, its funny that they can communicate with no problems when it comes to asking for my annual membership fee when I'm out of the country, that will of course be a different department to the shop so I hope that you can now understand where I'm coming from irrespective of wherever you agree or not.

That said I do agree with you that the demand took them completely by surprise which in its self does not say much for their market research and ability to run the business side of things, a failure to capitalise on generating the maximum potential funds to support the charity I think.

As I have already said, congratulation's to those people (no hard feelings towards them at all) that have procured an example for posterity and not re-sale and of course I'm pleased to see that the RBL will be in receipt of the dividends from all the sales.

I have now said my bit and will leave it at that as if not we will be going round and round in circles.

Kind Regards,

FMT600

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebro View Post
FMT60
I find it hard to understand how or why you blame the RBL because you were out of the country or could not react fast enough to their offer.
I think they were surprised at the uptake after the BBC programme, they would have expected poppies to be available for days if not weeks of their release.
I think you should be happy to see them receive such support from the public.

Frank Kelley,
I think you meant to type RBL instead of RLB, or is that another Welsh mutation?

Eddie