View Single Post
Old 10-09-17, 10:28 AM

Default Norman Hopwood Jones

I have just come across this thread, almost by chance.

Norman Hopwood Jones was my first cousin twice removed - that is, the son of my great-grandmother's sister Eliza (nee Hopwood - born in Treuddyn, Flintshire, Wales) and her husband Henry Jones, of Penrith, Cumbria, England.

Norman's brothers were Wilfred Edward Jones (1894-1975), whose son Morris was an usher at my parents' wedding in 1948; and Henry Stanley Hopwood Jones (known as Stanley, 1890-1987). His sister Margaretta (1891-1986), known as "Det" - my grandmother's cousin - was someone I remember well from family events when I was a child.

Norman was born in Penrith in 1900/01 - I don't have a precise date. I would be fascinated to know more about his life, or the provenance of his badges. I know that his brother Stanley emigrated to British Columbia, so I guess they would have been owned by him. Although I have done a fair amount of research into family history I did not previously know that Norman had emigrated to Canada.

I realise that this is quite an old thread, but if anyone can provide any more information, I would be very grateful.