Thread: 21 SAS insignia
View Single Post
Old 23-09-13, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_2817 View Post
This is a fairly universal anser really

Battle Dress (No5 Dress as was) had two purposes, and was replaced in differant ways.

As a field Uniform it started to be replaced as a Temperate Climite Uniform (BAOR & UK) by Combat Dress 1960 Pattern (No8 Dress) or in the Para's & SF by the OG Trousers (Part of No9 Dress) with Para Smock (which as an over smock was classed as Protective Clothing i.e. No12 Dress) of differing pattons! From as the date surgests 1960ish

As a Walking Out & Dress Uniform it was replaced by No2 Uniform from 1962 onwards.

Now I know some TA units lingered on into the late 1960's but not much Battle Dress was issued after 1970
hi Guys
one of the least know uniforms arfter the 49 pattern uniform is the combat sateen 1952 pattern a mix of the us style combat uniform and the 49 patern uniform issued from 1953 ( just court the tail end of the korian war ) The combat unifom consited of a cap with a peak ( for runner to the crap hat ) trousers and jacket you still wore putties or gaters with the set it was issued to front line units 1st see items no's 53386 ( cap ) 56327 trousers on my web site http://www.brittonatwar.co.uk the cold weather parker that was issued during this period was a part of this combat set .steve