Thread: Hooray!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-07-16, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Many thanks to every one that has emailed regarding the down time, I won't be able to reply to all of you individually, but as you can see we are back.

The issue has now finally been identified and it was a continuation of the problem from the 29th June.

Busy beavers that we are we had in fact filled up all of our disk space. This was not spotted by myself or the host tecs on the 29th. The error messages that were thrown out by the database software before it crashed were not indicative of a full disk, so excusable to a degree.

So.. we have now had more Gb of space added and we are good to go for a few more years.
Congratulations.

It is always stressing to have your site down. If it is your business site , your personal site, or something in between like this one. Switching between the two priorities of a) "having it up asap" and b) "finding the root cause to prevent it from happening it in the future again" and c) "first have a beer to calm down" can make someone nervous.

And it always happens in he weekend

Congratulations again on having it up and running and finding the root cause. And I hope you had the few beers also.

Interested in the lineage of the unit your badge represents?
Try: Regimental lineages