View Single Post
Old 18-08-14, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

I should have been more clear as well. The 19th Alberta Armoured Car Regt title was not, as far as I have been able to determine worn with any other cloth insignia. The image I have shows only the Staghound on the sleeve. No other titles. The 19th Alberta Armoured Car Regiment (Edmonton Fusiliers) was formed by the amalgamation of the Edomton Fusiliers and the 19th Alberta Dragoons in 1946. They were not authorized any title at that time, and with the revision of the dress regulations, no new titles were authorized until 1948 when the policy for regimental titles was promulgated. At that time, units submitted titles for approval, based on their current designation. It was at that time the 19th Alberta Armoured Car title was approved. The 19 Staghound patch was unofficial and was not permitted to be worn in conjunction with any other title. The information from the Dress Regs for the period indicates that the 19th AACR title was taken into wear circa 1949-50 and then replaced by the 19th Alberta Dragoons title when the unit was re-designated as such, November 1, 1954.