View Single Post
Old 21-06-18, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy88 View Post
Hello Keith, thanks for your response its good of you to cast an opinion (sorry about the pun). My badge at auction was accompanied by a 6th Battalion du Levant badge - in the advert it was mentioned.. as found in a loft with old coins (same as mine) similar age discolouration although mine was very green and dusty looking. This French badge was discussed in a post on here 29/12/17. Both badges came from the same seller who runs a legit antiques business from a premises in Essex. Also, back in 03/09/11 another member of this excellent forum exhibited his cast badge on here under the heading 'LRDG Cairo Made Badge' and it has so many details that are identical to my own badge. Even more so now I've splashed a tiny amount of 3in1 oil over it. The antique patina is amazing. I have seen the usual copies and i've seen them antique aged and this one does not look anything like I've seen. I am trying to upload more pic's but as a new member am still trying to navigate the site. Many thanks. Roy

Roy.
Hello Roy,

Sorry but whatever you say about the badge it is still a fake. It is tempting to convince yourself it is original because you want it to be, but please be assured it is 100% fake.

There are plenty of original LRDG badges on this forum for comparison.

Keith

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” ― Søren Kierkegaard

Last edited by popskipa; 21-06-18 at 05:06 PM.