View Single Post
Old 19-07-17, 07:08 PM

Default Need a little help. 55th and 65th Regts?

Hey everyone. I have a few interesting badges. Hopefully someone has a bit more information on them. (Time frames etc).

First one is the 55th Regiment Irish Canadian Rangers. I have found a website placing it to be around 1915, but I haven't found much else on this badge. As well, according to the website I was reading, the 55th ICR provided men for the 199th Bn CEF, but also for "The regiment also provided men for the Montreal Home Guard, which was composed of men from local militia regiments, and was used to guard strategic installations". My question is, would they have worn a shoulder flash specific to the 55th ICR? Or to the MHG (As pictured below)

Next up is what I believe to be the 65th Regiment Carabiniers Mont Royal. From what I can gather, they preceded the Fusilers Mont Royal, but I can' find much else about them. Also (See attached badge) Any idea when this may have been worn in service? Not sure if it is a cap badge, or collar dog. measures 1 3/4"h x 1 1/4" wide. Any input would be great!

Cheers

Brad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0244.jpg (36.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0245.jpg (35.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0246.jpg (24.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0248.jpg (40.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0274.jpg (29.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0275.jpg (23.6 KB, 2 views)