Thread: VTC Cap badges
View Single Post
Old 15-09-17, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWGB View Post
Tom,

Good Luck! This is still the least researched / published field of the Great War...

I have been building a database of VTC units for several years, and most months I add one or two units to it. Ray Westlake's MHSB articles, based on the VTC Gazette first year or so) were a great help, but by no means exhaustive...

My current count is 1,016 Units, but many of these would not have had badges. RW cites 792 units in the MHSB articles, of which 605 do not appear on any list of badges (either Headdress or Mufti) that I know of. My badge databases (~200 Headdress, ~300 Mufti) overlap the Gazette list by about 200, with some overlap between the two badge lists, too.

Most of my badges are in my albums, but they are due a major refresh soon. I need to retire, so I can concentrate on my hobby; work keeps getting in the way...

My database is still "in development", so not in a good enough state to share, yet. That said, I would be interested in hearing what badges you have; almost every collector has something I don't!

Best regards,

Tim
Tim - Have you viewed the VTC/Volunteer Gazette, which has notes in from units dotted up and down the country? They used to have a complete run of it in the Bodleian Library, which I used to borrow and read my local library, but they stopped loaning it out many years ago.