View Single Post
Old 23-10-15, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagwalther View Post
Hi Jack,

To tell you the truth I don't like the look of this maker mark or the slider at all.

The Timings marks that I have seen have flat bottomed 'G's in 'TIMINGS' while this 'G' looks like it has a round bottom and also a poorly defined 'Hook' part to the letter 'G' itself.

The slider also looks like one from the London Badge and Button Co. Ltd. and not a Timings one.

Members who have a copy of my book will be able to see where I am coming from in my point above.

Maybe I missed this slider/mark/combination of slider and mark but personally I would treat this badge with caution.

Regards

Chris
Hi Chris,

Having looked at a few other Timings badges that I have I can see what you mean. I appreciate that generally there are fakes but also that there are variations.

I have had this SWB Timings badge for about twenty years and cannot remember seeing another one, other than the recent ebay one for sale during that period. Perhaps other forum members would comment on whether they had seen any.

I would have thought they would be for sale regularly on ebay if they were being faked and also appearing on dealers lists if more common. It will be interesting to see if any more appear for sale on ebay, after the last one having eight bidders and achieving over £100.

Thanks for your input Chris, I am keeping an open mind on this one.

Jack.