View Single Post
Old 19-02-19, 10:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatdog View Post
Gentlemen,

I just came back to this thread. Re-reading the original post I failed to clarify what I meant to write and stated only position of said wings. Mea culpa. The wearing of both at once would appear to not be the case. I think it would be rare that an SAS man would give up the wings won so hard.

Reading all the other posts especially Peter's who I admire for his great knowledge, I realize that the picture of Ron Reid Daly's uniform is the same one (albeit in a slightly different setting) I had seen in which both wings were on it. Since it was RRD's and it was presented as such, I didn't question it. After all he was the "Man". Like Peter, I certainly would not "dress up" such a historical piece. I did not give it the critical eye a collector should.

I am humbled and wish to apologize for presenting inaccurate/ incomplete information and causing such consternation among fellow collectors.

Clay
All good Clay, no apologies are needed. As Ron Reid-Daly served in 'C' Squadron if any man in the Selous Scouts had any reason to wear both wings it would have been him, but he didn't.
A number had previously served in the RhSAS including Chris Schulenburg GCV, SCR and WoC, Stretch Franklin SCR and Dale Collett SCR and yet none of them wore both wings.