View Single Post
Old 27-12-17, 06:41 AM

Default Feedback please - background colour for badge images in a book

Folks, can I get your feedback please as you're workng your way through turkey and other assorted Christmas goodies?

I'm pulling together the material for a book I am writing, the text is at a late stage and now I'm turning to the illustrations... to that end, I've mocked up a quick layout of badges with different colour backings - in this case black and white as the two ends of the spectrum, also a light grey and a green (being the primary regimental colour) and am interested as to what you the reader would prefer to see....? I realise this could be quite a subjective question but interested to see if there is a general preference towards (or indeed away from) one of them...

I'm not there yet in terms of either the detail of the photos themselves or my photoshop skills and I know I need to improve both of those, but I'm interested if there is a strong preference towards a particular background colour. I've included examples in gilt, GM, bronze, A/A and cloth to show the different materials that will be included.

If it helps in the consideration, I'm aiming for a 'side by side' approach i.e. left page is the text and the right hand page the associated illustrations to reduce the amount of flicking between pages (won't be a perfect match but that's the general idea)

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts! Expat..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trial black.jpg (57.9 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg Trial green.jpg (57.0 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg Trial grey.jpg (55.2 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg Trial white.jpg (57.2 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg Side by side.jpg (75.6 KB, 78 views)