View Single Post
Old 21-02-17, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

I don't necessarily agree with the dates for these as the Yeomanry (and TF) were exempt from this direction as they bought their own badges etc until 1915. A search of the IWM does not show the cap badge sealed pattern card but it does have the s/t sealed in 1916. http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/se...Hussars&query=

KLR may have a date for the Yorkshire Hussars badge; but the Army did not seal all Yeomanry pattern badges in 1915. Quite a few were not catered for by the Army at all and others only had sealed patterns after reformation in 1920. Even then some Yeomanry regts were issued with RTC or RA badges in the 1920s and did not get their old Yeomanry designs back until the 1930s or even '40s in some cases. The 'senior' yeomanry regts remained in role with their own cap badges: whilst the junior ones were either re-badged or even not reformed at all.

The Yorkshire Hussars were reformed in 1920 with their own badge. Unfortunately they have been widely faked. If I was looking for an original early badge then I would look for the brasing hole behind the coronet and/or the strengthening bar behind the centre: which are lacking in the modern ones.

Last edited by Alan O; 21-02-17 at 09:21 AM.