Thread: CAC
View Single Post
Old 05-01-18, 04:14 AM

Hi Mike, I can put together some better photography on the weekend. There definitely is a variety of collar badge patterns and I can outline all the varieties I've been able to assemble, as well as the four main varieties of cap badges.

Regarding the silver maple leaf. It's actually a plated, General List badge . Maple Leaf style GL badges (of which I am a collector of their varieties) were commonly used from the First War through to the Second War for soldiers not yet assigned a Regt. or those units without a badge.

I have a few of CAC group photos which show the General List badge in wear, one as ate as the winter of 43-44.

In the CAC History book, I believe there is a photo of some Essex Tank men wearing the GL badge on black berets before their own cap badge was produced (circa 1937 IIRC). I'd say that prior to design and availability of the CAC badge by 1940-41, the General List badge was used. Anyway, my particular GL badge has no provenance to a CAC member, frankly it just fit nicely into the display in that spot...