View Single Post
Old 14-10-17, 12:50 PM
jamesmilitaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by altcar73 View Post
Sorry to split hairs. That's interesting, but I suspect that when the regiment wish to re-order cap badges they refer to them as such otherwise the "system" would not have a clue what they were asking for. When you say that what the MoD call them is none of your concern, it is when the regiment want a new supply! As you say its a regimental thing. But its a badge and as someone else has already pointed out, its worn on a cap. So, its a cap badge.

Dave.

I beg to disagree Dave. Tradition is hugely important to regiments and those that serve in the regiments become very attached to their traditions. I think that should be respected. In my own regiment a 2nd Lieutenant was known as a Cornet abbreviated to Ct. This did cause some issues when the said officer went on a course or had travel documents inspected but once people receive an explanation then they will understand. I suspect that in the case of the Motto those in the supply chain would be aware and of course the item would probably have a part number which would be quoted the the QM staff.