View Single Post
Old 06-02-14, 11:27 PM

Default I Should have joined earlier!

Hello,

My name is Simon Butterworth and I live in Lancashire, England.

I have collected British military badges for over 45 years now and have changed my collecting theme several times over the years.

For the last 20 years I have collected solely to the Manchester Regiment, including its componant units such as the 63rd Foot, 96th Foot, 6th Lancashire Militia and all the Lancashire RVC's that made up its Volunteer Battalions. I have an extensive collection of badges, medals, and every other item you can think of ralating to the Regiment and believe the badge collection to be the largest in existence.

I am a member of the Manchester Regimental Museum Committee and catalogued its collection. They have asked me to prepare a publication on the Regiments badges but I cant see a time when it will be finished!

A side line of mine is collecting Kings Crown Commonwealth Artillery 'Field Gun' style Cap Badges and British Red Cross Badges, titles and medals.

I know several members on here, particularly those that are interested in the Manchester Regiment. I am sorry I havent joined previously but for the last 10 years I have really been pre-occupied with collecting, researching and writing about Manchester Regiment medals, rather than my true interest which is badges. So its time to get back to my roots.

I hope I can help others on the forum, particular with British badge identification as I have a wealth of knowledge I have built up over the years and have handled both metal and cloth badges of all periods.

I also would like to learn more from collectors of Commonwealth Artillery badges particularly the CEF battery badges which are a minefield.

I (think I) have attached a couple of photos as a small taster below.

thankyou
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Manchester-96th-Foot-Frame-15.8.jpg (109.9 KB, 348 views)
File Type: jpg Cloth1.jpg (66.1 KB, 253 views)

Last edited by manchesters; 16-03-14 at 08:34 PM.