View Single Post
Old 09-02-18, 09:04 PM

Simon

I think your badge, mine and the one currently on Ebay were all made from the same die. I have seen a few others in the past but not in large numbers. I would say it is definitely not a Gaunt badge as there are so many major differences and my own theory, although I have nothing to base this on for definite is that it could be a Lambourne made badge. The quality is not brilliant and I believe this has been mentioned before about Lambourne badges (if you look at the right hand side of the bottom scroll on my badge you will see that it appears to have been mis-struck. The main difference I can see between your badge and mine (plus the one on ebay) is that yours is more of a yellow brass whereas mine is more of a coppery coloured brass. I am not 100% convinced that it is genuine but I feel for all it's faults it has more going for it than it has against it. I bought it knowing all these things with the intention of keeping it and I have no intention of getting rid of it. It will always have a question mark over it but I can live with that, no definite proof, just a gut feeling.

Paddy