View Single Post
Old 13-09-17, 12:11 PM

Bill I am not new but I forgot my Pass Word and however many times I go through the reset process I never get an e-mail to my computer even though the site has my correct e-mail address. There is nothing in my SPAM Folder either. I was REME245 previously.

As my attachment has come out so small I will type it below.

"At the centre - and the focal point - of the badge stands the a rampant silver Dragon which was the emblem of Wessex, the territory of the West Saxons. It was the banner under which King Alfred the Great defeated the Danish Army at the Battle of Edington in 878 and it was the banner carried by King Athelstan when he beat the combined armies of the Scots, Welsh, Norse and Irish at the Battle of Brananburgh in 937. The Dragon was flown by Harold 11 King of England (Earl of Wessex) when he destroyed the Norse army at the Battle of Stamford Bridge in 1066 and it was the banner under which he and his warriors fought to the death, three weeks later defending England from invasion. So its provenance is absolutely sound and the Regiment believes that it will give us the simple and striking badge which rightly we should have"