View Single Post
Old 29-09-19, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenadierguardsman View Post
Could this have been worn by Warrant Officers ? I believe Sgt's and Csgt's wore an all over gilt badge ? Just a thought.
Andy
Andy,

I don't think Sean is active here any more so I will chime in.

I think its unlikely. The badge is question is FSH sized (I have one in my collection)

Although you are correct in saying Senior Ranks wore a gilt version of the forage cap star, to the best of my knowledge no stars were made (at least not bulk supply quantity) for full dress Foreign Service Helmets

Thus the bronzed (un-pierced and pierced for officers) stars, for use in the khaki FSH, seem to be the only FSH sized stars sealed and issued.

I suspect if WO's (or the regiment) were privately sourcing full dress FSH stars for use by WO's they would have been entitled to use a silver, gilt & enamel version as they were for forage and service cap stars.

Having said all that I still have no idea of its use other than it is near identical to some of the horse harness stars but I suspect they did not have loops (see photo).

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IG Horse furniture ornament guards museum.jpg (38.9 KB, 28 views)