View Single Post
Old 17-10-17, 02:30 PM

Default Army Apprentice College Pipers Plaid Brooch post 1966

Dear Friends.

I am trying to find a clear photo or similar image of a Army Apprentice College Pipers Plaid Brooch worn by the Pipe Band after the Regiment became the Army Apprentice College and badged Royal Signals in 1965/66.

I have attached a photo of the Regimental Band and Pipers dated April 1978. The Pipers can quite clearly be seen wearing the Plaid Brooch but the photo has been taken at some distance and hence I can not get a clear image.

I believe that the Brooch is very similar to the 32nd (Scottish) Signals Regiment (V) that came into being in 1967. A photo of their Plaid Brooch is also attached. It has Jimmy in the centre and the Chrome Quoit but has a void in the middle.

From the photo I have attached it looks like the Army Apprentice College which was previously called the Army Apprentice School until the change over in 1965 when the College became a single Royal Signals badged college.

The badge which is very similar to the 32nd (Scottish) Signal Regiment (V) and also the current Royal Corps of Signals Corps of Pipes and Drums but was worn before 32nd (Scottish) Signal Regiment (V) came into being in 1967. Seems to have the Jimmy on the Chrome quoit but there is no void in the middle. Perhaps this design may have been used by the Scottish Regiment.

I there is any member of the Forum who has one of these Non-Void Signals Plaid Brooches I would very much appreciate a site of one.

If I am incorrect in what I think from the attached Regimental photo perhaps someone can advise me.

With my kind regards

Chris Walker
www.signalsbadges.co.uk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AAC Harrogate April 1978.jpg (78.0 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg Signals Plaid Brooch post 1967.jpg (17.9 KB, 45 views)