View Single Post
Old 02-06-16, 11:08 AM

Default Modern manners ?

As can be seen from a post in the linked thread I have been trying to find out for some time if Liverpool University OTC were/ are the only unit to have worn the unseeded Kings Regiment cap badge.

I wondered if Liverpool Institute CCF might have worn the unseeded anodised KLR badge in their final days and I contacted a couple of people through the Old Boys Association to try and find out but without a positive response.

Recently I listed a Liverpool Institute CCF cloth title for sale on E bay and the description contained an error which was to do with the school and nothing to do with the either the cloth title or the CCF. Out of the blue I had a message from another E bay saying he had been in the CCF in the 1960`s and still had all his insignia from the unit but he was most insistent that my description should be amended as it amounted to a miss description. I immediately altered the text of the advert and sent him a message asking if he could help me with the longs standing query I had as to the cap badge worn by the CCF.

Despite two further ( very, very polite ) messages from me to him I have had no response whatsoever.

Sometimes you think you may never be able to answer to a query.

P.B.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”