View Single Post
Old 20-11-15, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur View Post
The Canadian Forestry Corps was re-created May 1940....officially disbanded 1st Sept. 1945. It had 20 companies with a strenght of 220 officers and 6,771 ORs...So the wearing of this badge falls between these two dates.
As for the crud on the badge...I usually try dipping for a few minutes in lemon juice and using an old toothbrush.
Jo
Stacey, C.P. Official History of the Canadian Army in the Second World War Volume I: Six Years of War (Queen's Printer, 1955) p. 65

Don't forget to use quotations, otherwise it is plagiarism.

"The overseas strength of the Corps reached its peak in February 1943, when it was 220 officers and 6771 other ranks."

Stacey, C.P., Official History of the Canadian Army in the Second World War Volume I SIX YEARS OF WAR The Army in Canada, Britain and the Pacific. Ottawa: Queen's Printer, 1956. pg 209.

The cited text has a section on The Canadian Forestry Corps, pages 207-210.

An interesting excerpt from the same volume:

"It should be noted that Newfoundland, like Canada, contributed foresters to work in the Scottish Highlands. The Newfoundland Overseas Forestry Unit was formed in November 1939 at the expense of the United Kingdom. It was a civilian organization whose members signed an engagement to serve for a stated period (at first, six months; later, the duration of the war). Its strength in December 1942 was 1497 men. Except for its non-military nature its operations were basically similar to those of its Canadian
counterpart."

Stacey 210.

And a link to the electronic version. http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhh-...s/Sixyrs_e.pdf

A final note. Page 65 gives reference to requests for troops. Nothing specific regarding the formation of The Canadian Forestry Corps.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Last edited by Phillip Herring; 20-11-15 at 02:38 PM.