View Single Post
Old 29-01-16, 09:18 AM

Default David Neild's New Book

Eddie

I had the fortune last night to have dinner with David Neild. He had come down to Dubai from his home in Ras Al Khaimah to give a fascinating speech to the RE Gulf Association about the history of the UAE and his time in the TOS and forming the RAKMF.

He also presented to the Association his new book ‘A Soldier in Arabia’ of which I was able to obtain a pre-launch signed copy. On a cursory flick through – it looks packed with information and photographs.

Unfortunately, I was sat at a different table for the meal and perhaps was only able to talk to him personally for 5 to 10 minutes. However, I did recollect your thread, if not the specifics of your questions and said I was a member of a badge forum that had expressed interest in the badges of the RAKMF. We talked a while about both TOS and RAKMF badges and he gave me his address.

I said that if anyone on the forum was interested in his book, I would pass on their email or contact details. As such I will contact him again and would be willing to reiterate the questions in your thread should you not already be in contact yourself. Before I do however, as I don’t want to bother him too much, was there anything else that he may be able to help you with. Of course I’m sure he’ll be more amenable to answering questions if there is some interest in his book...............

However, please let me know if I can help as a conduit.

If any forum member is interested in his book I will be more than happy to pass on your email address.
Mark (Dubaiguy)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0592.jpg (78.6 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0593.jpg (67.8 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by dubaiguy; 29-01-16 at 09:29 AM.