Thread: ROYAL SIGNALS
View Single Post
Old 18-05-17, 02:40 PM

Default Signals Badge

Dear Jerry.

As you are well aware just about all Officer's Bullion Beret Badges were bespoke items made by a tailor who made the item. Not mass production.

Now the badge you show is post 1946 as it has Laurel Leaves on the side of the Globe at the bottom. It is in my opinion a St Edwards Crown (Queens Crown) so post 1954.

Now to stick my neck out Jerry. I have attached a photo of an Officer's Cap FS with a known date of 1968 made by Moss Bros of Covent Garden. Not the best photo I must admit. However it really is of a more modern design in style to your photo of a Bullion Badge

The Caduceus (Staff) is similar and the Petasus (Cloth Cap Jimmy is wearing) is of a similar design.

Just to throw a further piece of intrigue at You Jerry. I haver also added a pre 1946 Officer's Bullion Badge with a Tudor Crown (Kings Crown) and the Caduceus and the Petasus are even more like your Bullion badge. Possibly the same tailor. What do you think.

Hope this helps Jerry. Only sorry I can not put an exact date on it.

Best wishes

Chris

If I were to be held to a time scale Jerry I think you must be looking between 1954 and 1967.

As Alan O quite rightly says Brig. Ted Flint the SOinC made the ruling of Officers Bullion/Wire Woven badges in 2006 all to be the same size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Officer Coloured FS Post 1946 bADGE.jpg (23.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg rcs_officers_unoffical_bullion_pre-1954.jpg (34.9 KB, 34 views)