View Single Post
Old 03-01-18, 04:25 AM

Default King's Colonials, King Edward's Horse and 2nd King Edward's Horse appeal for help

Hi all,

I am co-authoring a book with a former RRF soldier based in the UK, on the history, uniforms and badges of the King's Colonials, King Edward's Horse and the unrelated 2nd King Edward's Horse.

We have the RY Smith archive of over a hundred photographs on the King's Colonials (but sadly not his King Edward's Horse archive) and thanks to the thoughtfulness of fellow member High Wood, we now have over 40 additional photographs of the King's Colonials on annual camps 1902-04.

There is much mythology regarding the badges of these distinguished regiments particularly the King's Colonials. Determining a reference set of genuine badges to compare copies with is quite an undertaking.

I am still missing a number of badges, shoulder titles and buttons and would be pleased to hear via a PM from members (with their email address) if they had spares, variants or information about them. I am happy to email a detailed wants list. I am also seeking images, sizes and weights of King's Colonials, King Edward's Horse and 2nd King Edward's Horse badges to support the research plus information, uniforms, medals, photographs, postcards and Old Comrades Association bulletins of the regiments. Full acknowledgement will be given to all contributors.

I have attached a composite image of my King's Colonials set to date with a New Zealand Squadron uniform I acquired to get you thinking.

Thanks in advance to all members who have already helped us out with images and information.

I intend to post a reference album of the badges on the Forum in due course, best regards Dean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C5AC529F-E80E-4BE4-906B-8381C4FFA6CC.jpg comp.jpg (39.9 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg NZ tunic.jpg (23.1 KB, 128 views)