View Single Post
Old 04-04-16, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsley View Post
Nicely done, and possibly old, but yet another fake. The badge has had the EdV11 cypher removed and a GeoV put in. Which leaves the original question unanswered: does a genuine die-struck example exist?
The mind boggles! Thanks kingsley for the last couple of posts, it really is making me wonder if these things existed. Some people have obviously gone to a lot of trouble - you would have to think that an original example was extant at some point for people to covet it enough to make them up.

RAA Historical Society of WA apparently have a GvR RAA button as they asked me for information about it many years ago (my father was a founding member of that organization). If I recall it may have been given to them by a bloke who found it at Port Wakefield in SA. I've never seen one but presume they must have existed at some stage if Festberg used one in his photograph.

I did follow up with Jeff C last weekend, he never saw the back of Bob Gray's badge but he was able to recall the name of the bloke who had the Bosley's GvR RAA badge at the gun show those few years ago.

Keith